Saturday, October 1, 2011

We were not close, but we knew eachother. We did not ever hold deep theological discussions, but we shared many laughs and mutual friends. We came from different states and different family backgrounds, but we were both students at GBS, and we were both part of the family of Christ. I always see faces of students in the cafeteria, I may not talk to you then or sit with you for that meal, but it was affirmation that everyone who needed to be there was there. Now I will glance back during chapel and see that empty chair, even after it's been filled. I will step outside to eat supper and I will no longer see you sitting at one of the tables. I will always wait for you to stand when we've been asked for testimonies. I will watch as attendance is taken, and search for your name long after it's been erased. Everytime I enter the commons to check my mail I will picture you sitting there smiling at me like you always did even on my grumpy days. I will look back at the group of guys laughing behind me and realize that you're not laughing with them any more. Even with this empty feeling, I know that God has a plan. I know that you are joyful in Heaven and that at least you are now able to understand why everything has taken place. I am so amazed that the last words I directly heard you say were honoring God and I know that God was more than honored to welcome you into the kingdom. I don't want to say rest in peace, instead I want to say live in peace Mikey, because I know that you are dwelling with a great and mighty king. Miss you, and praying for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment