Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dear Mike,

I never got to say goodbye,

And I do not understand why.

I know God has a plan,

And I must trust His hand.

Now you’re on the glory shore,

And I’ll see you here no more.

Though it hurts to see you leave,

How long can I bereave?

For this I surely know,

Whate’er may come or go,

Again I’ll see my friend;

Heav’nly rejoicing without end.

For then we’ll be together,

And share our time forever,

Talking on the streets of gold;

Telling stories untold.





Words cannot express the way I felt when I received the news of Mike's passing. It came as a uncontrolled shock wave. My knees went weak as a feeling of helplessness forced adrenaline through my body. I honestly didn't know what to do. Every time I thought of Mike I wanted to pray for him, then realized it wouldn't help. I don't understand it, and I can't express my feelings but I tried to through this poem anyways. Mike, you will be greatly missed until the great day when we all get to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment