Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mike Made It Home...

"This is our temporary home.
it's not where we belong.
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home."

I don`t usually listen to secular music, but these lyrics really spoke to me when I realized how free Mikey is now as he made his way home on Thursday. I don`t believe he was afraid at all as He looked into God`s face as God welcomed Mike into His kingdom. Mike was a walking testimony. You rarely saw him without a smile. It was quite refreshing to see him laughing during a bad day.

We imagine what it will be like when we die, if Heaven is like what our Pastors describe... like the pictures we see in our illustrated bibles, and in the songs...


"I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk by your side. I can only imagine what my eyes will see when your face is looking at me. Surrounded by your glory what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus? Or in awe of you be still Will I stand in your presence? Or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? Imagine, I can only Imagine I can only Imagine all creation bowed down The whole universe saying your name out loud I can only imagine all our broken lives Resurected in the healing light, Surrounded by forgiveness what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus? Or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence? Or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine oh I can only imagine"

Our comfort now rests in the fact that Mike is in the presence of All Mighty God! Quite a few of us heard his testimony in New Testemant on Thursday, we should have no doubt where Mike has gone... He is home! While the rest of us wait to join him, we should be so thankful for where he is.

I saw on Rose`s post where she said "Give God a high five for me" and i can just imagine him doing that for us!

Mike-we will miss your laughter, your jokes and your smiles! Thank you for the inspiring testimony you left for us! Though we are left with the sadness of your death, we rejoice in the eternal life we know you have inherited! We love you! We will miss you but your memory is forever engrained in our hearts! As Rose said, Give God a high five for us!! :)

Forever Friends,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment