Saturday, October 1, 2011

Like Mike

Mike and I attended the same camp for several years. I was well aware of who he was and of his testimony. We both graduated this year, came to GBS, and were in the same division. Though our paths crossed in so many ways throughout our teen years, I regret that I never took the time to get to know him and build a friendship. One thing I do know about Mike is that he was an extremely happy person. So many times when we passed each other on campus, he was either laughing or smiling. I also believe that he lived in such a way that his testimony was clear and that, today, he is standing in the presence of God praising Him for His amazing grace. The last thing I remember Mike saying was that he didn't understand why he had to take English. He already knew how to speak that language, so why didn't the school teach him a NEW language:-) It was just Wednesday of this week that he made this statement and today he's gone. My mind can scarcely even comprehend this.
This tragedy has so vividly reminded me of how fragile life is and of how much we take it for granted. I have decided that I want to be like Mike. I want to live life with a clear testimony, a cheerful attitude, and to be used of God to have a positive impact on others' lives. Mike, you have definitely left a hole in the GBS family and will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment