Friday, September 30, 2011

". . . When I cry, You cry. . . "

Thursday, the 29th of September, was a beautiful day. The temperature was perfect, the sun was shining, and everyone was happy. I finished work and supper, then headed down to the library to do some homework. Because of the slowness of the computers in the library, I didn't stay long.
When I came back up onto the main campus, I noticed that everyone was standing around in groups, looking very forlorn. I ambled over to one group of friends and asked what was going on. It was then that I heard that Mikey had been found unresponsive in his room. Everyone was weeping and praying. When we got the announcement to move into the chapel to find out what exactly was going on, we were apprehensive. No one wanted to hear what we feared would be the case. And we were correct. Mikey had passed away. Our days would no longer be brightened by his presence.
After leaving the chapel, I once again went to the library, in hopes that another computer would be faster than the one I had tried earlier. I was disappointed, however, to find that all the computers in the library are slow. So, I left. Upon exiting, I looked up at the sky and noticed how dark and stormy it looked. I remarked to one person that it was very appropriate. As I walked back up to main campus, it started to sprinkle. The thought came to my mind that God was crying along with us.
When I reached my dorm room, the sky was nearly black, and the wind was blowing hard and furious. Then the rain came down in torrents. How very like the events of the day the weather seemed at that point. Mikey brought a ray of sunshine whenever he was around. He was always joking and making everyone laugh. But with him gone, we were all mourning. Then the song came to me: When I cry, You cry. When I'm hurt, You hurt. When I've lost someone, it takes a piece of You, too. When I fall on my face, You fill me with grace. 'Cause nothing breaks Your heart, or tears You apart, like when I cry." Jesus knows what we're going through, and he weeps along with us, even though Mikey is now rejoicing with Him in Heaven. Though we miss Mikey, he's with God, and he could never be happier than where he is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment