Friday, September 30, 2011

"We feel sad, for what we have lost.
We feel poor, for the empty spaces.
We feel rich, for we have each other.
We will cry, for what we can't have.
We will laugh, for our memories abound.
We will hurt, for the love we can't give.
We will rejoice, for the love we have received.
We will be restless, for our lives are not whole.
We will be peaceful, for we know it is not forever."
~Nanette Hamilton

Mikey, I am so glad that we have the hope of seeing you again someday.
I know I always gave you a hard time about wearing your white shoes after Labor Day, but life is too short to worry about silly fashion rules when you have amazing white shoes like you did. You always looked so cool, and you were always fun to hang out with.
After people pass away, there are always nice words being said about them, like they were friends with everyone, and they were always laughing. Well, that really was you. When I think of you, I hear your voice so distinctly, and your laugh is right there too.
I feel blessed to have known you, although the time was way too short.
No one is ever gone until they are forgotten, and we will never forget you Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment