Friday, September 30, 2011

Mike,

Although you were a member of my class, I never really knew you.  You were just another one of the crowd, another member of my big GBS family.  Yesterday, you made me realize how short and uncertain life really is.  You make me wonder, what would I have done differently if I knew your time here was so near its end?  You make me step back and take stock of my life.  Life is so short.   Am I living every moment with the reality that I might never see tomorrow?  Am I showing my loved ones how much I care? Or am I waiting for a better time?  A time that, as you showed us, may never come? 
Thank you for helping me figure out my priorities;  I look forward to getting to know you better in heaven.


Moments swiftly pass, and our loved ones soon are gone,
Thoughts of love we feel, reach the heart but not the tongue,
Words we speak in anger tumble out and cause regret;
Words of love are often never said.  
 
Say I love you while the heart can feel.
Say “I love you” while the hurt can heal;
Make the heart rejoice, give your love a voice,
Speak the words while you can, say “I love you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment