Friday, September 30, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

Wow...I have only known Mike for 2 months, but he has really made me feel like a friend. I have half of my classes with him, and I really loved seeing his perky self every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I remember a few weeks ago, he was working on a blog that was due by the next bell. I teased him about being a slacker, and he asked if I would read it before he posted it. So he handed me his laptop, and I helped him with it. Then I got on and posted on it. Just the other day, on Wednesday, we were joking about calling him "Mikey." He was laughing because I was saying it was a cute name. He was really looking forward to reading my English profile. He was SO helpful! I was having problems with my laptop, and he took time to sit down with me and try to fix it. Here are a few lyrics that come to mind:

"Where's the Navigator of our destiny?
Where is the Dealer of this hand?
Who can explain life and it's brevity?
'Cause there is so much here I don't understand" (Michael W. Smith 'Hello Goodbye')

"Even though I'm walking through the Valley of the Shadows
I will hold tight to the Hand of Him, Who's love will comfort me
He will carry me" (Mark Shultz 'He Will Carry Me')

"I will follow You through green pastures
And sing hallelujah to Your name
I will follow You through dark disaster
And sing hallelujah through the pain
And even in the Shadow of death I will praise You
Even in the valley I will say
'Holy, My God. You are worthy of all my praise'" (Selah 'All My Praise')

No comments:

Post a Comment